Value 2: The Highest Video Quality
Professional DJ software with the highest video quality should have:
- Full 50 or 60 field/frame rate - 50/60 motion updates per second providing smooth video output.
- Capability to smoothly and instantly (low-latency) play and seek video media in a deck, including backwards play, time-scaling from 0% to 200% (stationary to double-speed), pitch-shifting and scratching (including all at once).
- Native support for 59.94Hz (NTSC) and 50Hz (PAL).
- Stable, locked video output - no dropped frames, jitter, blurry or jerky video.
- True per-pixel motion-adapative deinterlacing, and weave deinterlacing on NTSC/PAL progressive sources, providing best image resolution.
- Smooth frame-interpolation when video is; speed-adjusted, a NTSC/PAL progressive source (i.e. has only 30/25 original motion updates), or a non-native source framerate (e.g. playing NTSC source video on a PAL output). The result should be you always get a smooth full 50/60 motion updates.
- Integrated technology to reverse 3-2 pulldown content to original 24 frames and interpolate for smooth results.
- No dependency on external codecs for playing files live as these often compromise video quality and stability.
- Steady truly-smooth scrolling ticker - updated 50/60 times a second, as commonly seen in mainstream TV broadcasts.
- Professional "Video TV show" style animated titling.
- Correct aspect ratios (size) always displayed - no disproportionate stretching or shrinking.
- Native Widescreen 16:9 and 4:3 support, and 16:9 within 4:3 mode for mixed-display setups. Presentation should always be at correct aspect ratio (size) and make full use of your display type.
- Optional embellishments to fill black-bar areas - fill screen while maintaining correct source video aspect ratio (size).
- Truly smooth video mix transitions.
- A slideshow mode which supports even high megapixel JPEGs without any hickups.
- Integrated AV sync calibration to get audio and video display in perfect sync for a specific display setup.
- Integrated Test Pattern and Graticules for precise calibration and color correction of your videocard or display.
- NTSC color-safe internally-generated graphical elements within the specification.
- Compliance with broadcast industry overscan specification.
- SD (Standard Definition) and ED (Enhanced Defintion) output resolution modes.
- Support for a professional file format which allows setting and overriding areas including aspect ratio and zoom, titling disable flag, titling presentation point, embellishment disable flag, framerate, deinterlacing mode, first/last frame trim point and AV sync.
- Auto-detection for true aspect ratio (even when black-bars are embedded in source), audio track mixing, optimum deinterlace mode, and 3-2/2-2 pulldown attributes.
OtsAV DJ contains all of these quality attributes and thousands of DJs are benefiting from them every week at their gigs.
Rock Solid Stability